Do YOU Want To
Be A Champion?
A Book Champion!
The Book Champion Student Volunteer Program an extension of The Exit Library Program. Book Champion is open to middle school and high school students and youth groups. Students host a book drive and/or board game drive and collect reading nook supplies and school supplies for formerly homeless children who have just moved from a shelter program into their own home. Children in need from low-income homes are also served by this program.
- Offer a volunteer opportunity to students who will self-organize and spearhead a service project from start to finish
- Allow student volunteers to assist in providing formerly homeless and low-income families with a reading nook in their new home to emphasize the importance of continuous education and reading
- Encourage participants to utilize communication skills effectively within a group and when interacting one-on-one with others
- Encourage participants to work together towards a common goal as a team with peers or their community
- Encourage participants to make a positive impact within their community
- Offer community service hours to middle school and high school students and youth groups
Book Champion Volunteer Program Guidelines: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njXMo6L9fZcGbHletpG2EjRsY0UrXq-nHWFv8DakYIE/edit?usp=sharing
Parent/Group Leader Permission Form: